Stress Free, Pain Free Pain Management for Your Pet. All You Need to Know About Therapeutic Laser
Often referred to as “laser therapy“, therapeutic laser is the application of light energy to areas of the body to stimulate healing. Laser therapy provide stress free, pain free pain management for your pet.
What types of conditions benefit from therapeutic laser?
- Muscular strain/sprain and the resultant pain (treatment is applied over he affected joints and muscles that are painful)
- Osteoarthritis (treatment is again applied over the affected joints and muscles that are painful)
- Post-operative application around incisions or wounds (to help stimulate and accelerate healing)
- Laser therapy is a non-intrusive, pain free, stress free option to offer pain management for your pet.
How does laser therapy work? It works by “Photobiomodulation”, which helps reduce pain by;
- Modulating inflammation
- Decreasing tissue chemicals that stimulate pain
- Affecting nerve conduction
- Increases micro-circulation
All of the above help to help enhance healing and reduce pain.
Is my dog or cat a candidate for therapeutic laser treatment?
Any dog can be a candidate, especially senior dogs and cats over the age of 7 that have been slowing down lately. Even though your pet may not show any obvious signs of arthritis, they can still be in pain. It can be as simple as them not wanting to jump up on the couch or bed anymore, being stiff and hesitant to rise first thing in the morning, or being extra cautious before taking the stairs.
What’s great about the therapeutic laser is that there are no worrisome side effects like there are with some of the medications prescribed for arthritis. Also, when it comes to cats, the choices for pain medications are fairly limited, so laser therapy is a great solution for arthritis therapies.
For more information, and demonstrative videos showing how the Companion Laser works, visit this website.